Monday, July 11, 2016

new investigators and interviews‏

The beginning of this week was really busy. Lately we've been building our pool of potential investigators. The best strategy seems to be scheduling them all towards the beginning leaving room for when they get busy or in another way can't meet. 

We met this guy named Yang Sangok. He's really interested in English, so I was a little apprehensive about meeting him. Actually he has a lot of interest and is a really great guy. He has read the Bible two times, though he doesn't attend a church. He is a middle aged man with one high school son. We met him twice last week and plan on meeting him again this week.

The next important person we met this week was Lee Ginam. He is a 20 year old who is planning on going to Australia to work and learn English. We invited him to our English class, and then our church family night on Saturday, and then to church, and then to a member's house for dinner. It went really well. Brother Lee has no religious background and said that church was very different from what he expected. He told us that the people at our church are much more human than he thought. We're just people and he felt that he could relate to that. At the meal appointment the members all bore their testimonies about the concept, "I'm a Child of God"  It was a really great experience.

We had interviews with President Barrow this week. Our district all gathered at our church here in Tongyeong and President came. While the other missionaries were being interviewed I was on the second floor doing some other work. I joked to my companion, "I better not slack off President's here." Then the thought came, "God is always watching us, we should always be on our best."

I love serving here and I'm excited for what the future holds.

Love,
Elder Harkness

No comments:

Post a Comment