We had a special activity this Sunday so the mission president and his family came out to Church. It was really great. We talked about missionary work to less active and non members. It was really great. We had the members write notes to less active members and Elder Suttner and I will be delivering them this week. (Hopefully we'll be able to give a lesson along with the note)
This week has been weird. I guess it's what I deserve because I've been feeling like the last couple weeks have been dull. I'll start with how I broke the word of wisdom twice. First off, we met a high school student on the street. He had some time before night school started so we went to get ice cream with him. Unfortunately I didn't check the ingredients and after eating the entire cone learned that it was green tea ice cream. Oops. No wonder it tasted nasty. A couple days later we were on the street talking to people and this guy had some traditional Korean snacks that he shared with us. (Korean culture is very food oriented. If we are taking to someone and they have food they will give us some. It's just being polite.) I ate some and thought, "Wow this is nasty. It has a weird taste. Just like the ice cream..."
In addition to the green tea we've been meeting the strangest people on the street. There was this one man that works for a lotion company based out of Springville Utah. Wow right? He was nice and got us ice cream too, (Vanilla) but seemed more interested on getting us on his company's pay bill than learning the gospel. There was a man that we met who I was convinced was an escaped North Korean because of his hard accent and wanting us to help him get to the US embassy.
There was another unfortunate food incident where I ate pig skin thinking it was a really thick rice noodle. It was super gross. Had pores in it and everything. Talk about chucking around the old pig skin.
The dust on this car comes from the Gobi desert in North China and Mongolia. It's a seasonal thing. Every spring it blows in. We can't leave windows open for the next couple weeks or we'll have yellow dust on everything.
Hope you all have a nice week,
Elder Harkness
No comments:
Post a Comment