Monday, August 31, 2015

A new companion

It was a good week. A super busy one though. I got everything together in my area and went down to Busan to pick up the new missionary. In our mission we have a big meeting where the trainers meet all of the trainees then we go out onto the streets and try to hand out some Book of Mormons. This activity was much more fun as a trainer than it was as a trainee. It was funny to hear the new missionaries worry about how they couldn't speak Korean. I also got another perspective as I heard the trainee Korean missionaries talking among themselves saying what an easy time the American missionaries would have because they are unique and how no one would listen to them because they are just normal Koreans. It just goes to show that you will always find something to complain about.

The next morning we got assigned to our new companions. Elder Peterson of Holiday Utah will be my companion for the next two transfers. He is a fantastic missionary who works really hard. 

In spite of a couple of problems that came up on our way back to Gyeongsan, we made it safely and have been hard at work ever since. This week we have seen some great miracles. We have met new people with interest in learning the gospel. One person knew my trainer when he was training. He stopped taking the missionary lessons a long time ago but agreed to meet us this week.

It's been fun introducing Elder Peterson to the culture and foods of Korea. He's been doing really well and even has a stomach for the Kimchi. 

I'm excited for this upcoming week particularly because on the third I will celebrate one year from entering the MTC.

Have a nice week

No comments:

Post a Comment