I hope you were all able to have a good week. This week was really great for me.
In spite of the heat and humidity we were able to me this Professor who seems to have a lot of potential. He's a really nice guy who teaches Russian. He gave me one of those little Russian dolls when we met. When we gave him a book of mormon he asked if he could get it in Russian too to have with the School's library. We told him yes.
One of the best parts of this week was the Baptismal interview that I was able to do. I'm the district leader and the district leader's job is to do these interviews. We've been having a bit of a hard time with investigators in my district lately so this one was my first. I spent the day fasting then went into Degu city to one off the churches and got to meet the guy. He's in high school, his older sister was baptized a couple months ago. The interview was a really spiritual experience, which was good because I was pretty nervous. The Korean just flew, proof of the gift of tongues.
Another highlight was teaching Asad, our Afghanistan investigator. He needs to get his visa worked out before he can get baptized so now we're just teaching the lessons and praying for him. This week we taught him about temples. He really liked it. He soaks up the gospel so well. I'm so lucky to be teaching him. The member who was teaching with us was really funny and told him how he's going to find him a temple marriage.
Anyways, I hope you all take the chance to really study the Book of Mormon this week, it's helped me out so much on my mission.
Have a great week,
Elder Harkness
No comments:
Post a Comment