This week we had a baptism! I haven't had time to tell you much about this kid. His name is Jun Jaehyoung. His dad converted about a year ago. His dad was really into this other church but was so interested by what the missionaries said that some days he would meet them 3 times a day! He has a wife and a son and a daughter. The daughter got baptized with him. He's been bringing his whole family to church lately and trying to get them to meet with us but they haven't had any interest. One day during Sunday school we grabbed Jaehyoung and pulled him into a classroom and had a really great talk with him. He really liked us and liked what we said so he agreed to meet with us. Jaehyoung already knew everything in the lessons so teaching him was really easy. The one hard thing was teaching about Joseph Smith. We told him to pray about it and one night he called us and told us about this strange feeling that he got in his chest while he prayed. We told him that it was the spirit and told him that it was experiences like this that help him know that these things are true. His dad baptized him on Sunday. It was really great for his dad, even though he did have to baptize him twice. After the meeting Jaehyoung came up to me and gave me a hug. I was a little surprised but he told me that it was because of Elder Oh and I that he got baptized. We were friendly with him and so he wanted to listen to us.
Elder Oh finishes his mission this week. It's really sad. I feel like we are both at the prime of our missionary work and working together better than ever. He is both sad and excited.
I love you,
James
P.S. I have pictures of the baptism but they're on the church computer. I'm at the city office emailing right now. I'll get them to you next week. We went hiking for our activity today. There was a sky walk out over the ocean. I don't think that the picture of that came out very well.



No comments:
Post a Comment