Monday, February 22, 2016

Zone and district meetings

This was a really long week. I looked back in my planner and can't believe that what we did last P-day wasn't a month ago. 

So on Tuesday we had zone leader training meeting. Elder Mitchel and I went to mission headquarters and met with all of the other zone leaders. There the mission president and the APs gave instruction on the zone conference that will be going on this week. We started the meeting in an odd way. The prayer finished and the APs told us to find another zl team and do a "practice teach" with them. The other team we were with pretended to be investigators and we taught them. When the time was up we switched and the other team taught us. The lesson that the APs had us teach was the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was cool how spending twenty minutes teaching really opened us up for ideas the rest of the meeting. Because of this Elder Mitchel and I decided to have each team in our zone do practice teaching for the first ten minutes of companion study.

Wednesday was a district meeting. After that Elder Mitchel and I hosted a District leader Training meeting for the two DLs in our zone. The meeting went really well and we bounced around a couple good ideas and goals for our zone. After that I went with one of the district leaders on an exchange. The elder was Elder Tuinei, my MTC companion. We had a really good time serving together again for twenty four hours. We had a good laugh when Elder Tuinei pulled out his journal and we read his entries from the MTC. I think that both of us have changed a lot in the time we have spent in the field. We are both a lot more focused. We talked a lot about plans after the mission. Strange how that is actually coming up.

Coming off of that exchange we hit Elder Tuinei's district meeting then went into another exchange with a missionary team that has been having a hard time lately. I think I went the hardest I have ever gone trying to talk to as many people as I could and get as many contacts as I could. I was really trying to show Elder Martin how to go outside of his comfort bubble.

Don't have much time to type more. I do have one favor to ask. Last week we emailed at the city district center. There were some rude people who were trying to get us off of the computers. I was battling them as I finished up my emails. Anyways, I left my camera SD card in the computer. I realized that it was gone and went back and it wasn't in the computer. I've given the city center my number to call me when they find it. I really need you to pray that they will find it. About 3/4 of my pictures were on it. I'm kicking my self for not backing them up.

Thank you

Love James

No comments:

Post a Comment