This week felt like more than a week. There were lots of cool things that I got to see. First off we had an interesting experience with an old investigator. His name was Pak Taehuan. He has been taking the missionary lessons for over two years. He had no interest in the gospel. He just enjoyed talking in English with us. We decided to drop him. My companion and I told him that we could no longer meet and he was a little angry and confused. As we explained ourselves I had a really big spiritual confirmation that there were many people who needed the gospel. The time that we have as missionaries is precious. My job is to harvest the white field. I also felt the spirit confirm the importance of my calling. It's sad that this experience had to come about this way, but I will never forget the spiritual promptings that came to me.
On a more positive note we've had the opportunity to find many new investigators this week. I've really been trying to improve on talking to everyone. I feel like I've really seen the blessings from that. We've met a couple young people who want to learn and a couple old people too.
This week I got to participate in kimjang, the making of kimchi. I was surprised at all of the ingredients that go into this traditional Korean dish. Pepper, onion, shrimp, anchovies, pears, salt and radishes. All of this gets blended together into a red paste that we lathered onto the leaves of cabbages. Two weeks of fermenting and we'll have an authentic Korean snack.
Hope that you can all take time to think about the meaning of Christmas these next couple weeks. We have started handing out Christmas cards on the street. Christmas is about Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment